Sunday, July 20, 2008

Back from the Dead! Mostly

Hey guys,

I finally got my computer back up and running! Vista64 didn't want to play nice with 2 of my older hard drives (they were PATA attached to a RAID on the motherboard, for those of you who care), so I took them out and got another Terabyte drive. Now I'm slowly rebuilding my photo and music libraries, as well as my bookmarks and stuff. If you guys have any recommendations for music, let me know! I like listening to a lot of different artists and styles. However, any suggestions may have to wait...I have to refind all the music I listened to before, plus go through a 59 gb backlog of music I downloaded but haven't been able to convert, much less listen to yet =(.

But yeah! Hard drives are up and running, Lightroom 2.0 beta sorta works (its amazing when it DOES work, but it crashes for no reason sometimes), Zeke is bored most of the time though.

I'm looking at getting more photography stuff. I really want a fisheye lens! They have a 180 degree field of view that's distorted and looks pretty cool. Specifically, I like this one. How useful is a fisheye lens? Not really. Look at pictures taken with fisheye lenses and you'll see why. How COOL are they? Tres cool. So cool, I don't even need to put in the proper accent.

I also want a normal wide angle lens, like this one. The super wide looks awesome...plus, L-series glass is pretty phenomenal (my white lens is L-series).

I might also replace Zeke with a newer model in the fall. I want a full frame sensor, which Zeke doesn't have...I dunno what I'm gonna do with him! I don't really want to sell him since 1) my dad wants a camera and 2) Zeke really likes my white lens...

Also, these things aren't cheap...gotta keep scrimping and saving...

Been playing WoW a lot lately...I didn't work out so much this week because I basically had 2 weeks of no exercise and my body couldn't handle my normal exercise...oh, I should detail that I guess

Monday: 30 mins cardio, arms and shoulder resistance training, 3 X 15 reps of 80% max capacity
Tuesday: 30 mins cardio, upper torso resistance training, 3 X 15 reps of 80% max capacity
Wednesday: 30 mins cardio, lower torso resistance training, 3 X 15 reps of 80% max capacity
Thursday: 30 mins cardio, legs resistance training, 3 X 15 reps of 80% max capacity
Friday: Open
Saturday: Open
Sunday: Open

I want to fill in Friday, but I tend to travel Friday afternoon, so it screws things up...

But yeah, 2 half weeks of work screwed my schedule really bad and I have to get back on track. I think I lost like 10 pounds, but vacations kinda messed that up...by last check I lost 6 pounds. Yay! I'm going to sign up for a gym membership at school, too.

Anyway, I'm gonna stop this post now. Feel free to sound off in the comments!

Stay Tuned!

PS. Dark Knight put a smile on my face.

2 comments:

kim said...

man, you have an expensive hobby...

Anonymous said...

http://www.billboardphotocontest.com/